The 1st ESO students have worked in this last term on the formation of the earth and the densities of its layers. Here we collect an experiment to see such formation.
1. At the beginning, all the materials were mixed.
2. After many millions of years, the inner layers of the Earth were formed. The densest materials were at the center and the least dense materials were at the surface.
3. Sand corresponds to the core that is made of two denser metals: iron and nickel
4. Water corresponds to the mantle that is made of a type of rock called peridotite.
5. Olive oil corresponds to the crust that is made of granite, gneiss and basalt.
6. The Earth is made of layers of increasing density.